Difference between revisions of "Archived/Outreachy/Round11"
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
Revision as of 12:42, 17 September 2015
Xen Project and Outreachy
The Xen Project Advisory Board will be sponsoring two interns for Round 11 of Outreachy (formerly known as the GNOME Outreach Program) which runs from Dec 7, 2015 to March 7, 2016. Outreachy helps people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software get involved. Our goal is to increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the Xen Project. It is an expansion of the very successful GNOME Outreach Program for Women and we are running the program in conjunction with GNOME and other prominent open source projects.
Information For Applicants
How To Apply
The official application period for Outreachy Round 11 begins Dec 7. Please fill our your application and complete your Xen Project patch by November 2. Applicants that do not complete the first patch will not be considered for an internship. Please take a look at our application FAQ for more info on how to fill our your initial application. Applicants will be notified in April if they have been accepted.
If you are interested in being a Xen Project intern, please:
- Join the xen-devel mailing list. Depending on the project you choose, you may also need to join xen-api or firstname.lastname@example.org (do check the information in the project). Check the list directory.
- Join the #outreachy IRC channel on irc.gnome.org for questions related to the program and to connect with other participants
- Join the #xen-opw IRC channel on irc.freenode.net for meetings between applicants and mentors (note: we may change the channel name later to reflect the name change)
- Read our instructions for applying, and apply by November 2nd 2015 !
- Ask one of our friendly developers on for a bite size bug or work item. This can be reviewing somebody's code, submitting a patch, or similar and will need to be done by November 2nd 2015.
Community Reviewed Project List
Here is some links to guides, tools, development flows etc.
- All Developer Information
- Xen Project Overview
- Submitting Xen Patches with Git
- Xen Beginners Guide
- Introduction to Git
- Part 1 - Intro
- Part 2 - Processes - note that there have been recent updates that are not yet reflected in the training
- Part 2 - Communication
Information about Outreachy and past participants
- Xen Project Participates in Outreachy (formerly OPW)
- Are we growing our community with OPW and GSoC?
- Women interns rocking open source at Xen Project
Information For Mentors
Please review the mentor information here