Wiki Sidebar and Categories
Our wiki categorizes pages strictly. This means, that you can use categories to navigate through content. Note that ...
- Our category pages are not normally just indexes, but frequently have a hand-edited header, which highlight important information.
- All documents are in one of these three categories: this makes it possible to browse
- These categories are exposed in the sidebar
- Note that these categories can be rather big!
- Beginners of Xen, XCP, etc.
- Users of Xen, XCP, etc.
- Developers of Xen, XCP, etc.
- Project (for project teams; general project info)
- Community (general community documents)
- Manuals contains official Xen documentation
- ManPage contains This section contains link to Xen manual pages that are generated from the Xen codebase
- Overviews contains overview documents
- FAQs contains Xen, XCP, ... FAQs sorted by topic
- HowTos contains Xen, XCP, ... How To documents
- Tutorials contains Xen, XCP, ... tutorials
- Example contains Xen, XCP, ... examples
- Compatibility contains information on compatibility
- Glossary pages and definitions
- Index Pages are lists of pages that are not categories
Categories for specific uses
- Category:Release Notes contain Xen release notes
- Category:Xen 4.2 contain articles related to Xen 4.2 features, benchmarks, planning, etc.
- Category:Host Install contains documents related to installing Xen on a host
- Category:Guest Install contains Documents related to installing guests on Xen
- Category:Host Configuration contains documents related to bootloader, console and network configuration
Linux/Unix Distribution Related
Categories related to Linux/Unix distro. Typically contain tutorials, install info, etc. for a specific distro.
- Category:Arch Linux
- Category:Alpine Linux
- Category:Oracle Linux
Categories related to Xen/XCP integration with cloud stacks
Specialist topics on Xen:
- Category:Kernel contains documents related to kernel technologies
- Category:NUMA contains all articles related to the running (or to improving the support for doing so) of the Xen Hypervisor on NUMA architectures
- Category:Performance contains documents, tuning instructions and benchmarks related to the performance of Xen, XCP, etc.
- Category:Security contains documents related to Xen, XCP, etc. security
- Category:VGA contains documents related to VGA, VTd, GPY passthrough, etc.
- Category:XCI contains documents related to XCI aka the Xen Client Initiative
These contain categories for developers:
- Category:Development Process describes development processes, governance, etc..
- Category:Design Document contains design documents, architecture descriptions, and so on: in short it contains documents that describe how parts of the codebase work. Documents in this category are mainly relevant for developers.
- Category:OCaml related to the OCaml language, in which most of XCP is implemented.