TCT Meeting/May 2014 Minutes

From Xen
Revision as of 11:15, 17 June 2014 by Lars.kurth (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{sidebar | name = TCT Meeting/May 2014 Minutes | outertitle = Navigation | outertitlestyle = text-align: left; | headingstyle = text-align: left; | contentstyle = tex…")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)


  • Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
  • Kelly Zytaruk
  • Kelly AMD
  • Sherry Hurwitz
  • Jun Nakajima
  • James Bulpin
  • Daniel de Graaf
  • Boris Ostrovsky
  • Aravind Gopalakrishnan
  • Ian Campbell
  • Olaf Herring
  • Jan Beulich

Call membership

Review ACTION items

  • Boris' patches for perf have not been acked by VMX
 maintainers for 3 weeks now. (DONE)
  • Konrad to investigate qemu agent. (DEFER)
  • Konrad to investigate KVP spec WRT compatibility etc. (DEFER)

Current technical challenges.

  • Jan: Before 4.4 we wanted to turn off sharing of EPT and VTd page
 tables. But performance impact due to VTd not having super pages
 prevented this. Intel were going to work on this, what is the
 ACTION: Jun to get status on that.
  • Jun: Nested virtualisation, seeing regressions due to
 patches. Should we upstream functionality testing?
    • Ian: Yes please, to osstest framework, patches on xen-devel to both

Coordination on current and future work

  • Xen 4.5 Release manager update (Konrad)
    • Posted a tentative list of 4.5 work items, no complaints, will post
  on xen-devel.
    • Plans to follow the same freeze policies as George did.
    • Goal is to release by early December, so freeze right after
  developer summit, end of August.
    • Would be useful to have a list of things to do which aren't being
  done, in order that people can balance resources etc,
  • Briefly discussed the form of the call and decided to keep it as is.

Community news, activities.