TCT Meeting/October 2013 Minutes
- Ian Campbell
- Matt Wilson
- Jan Beulich
- Boris Ostrovsky
- Ravi Suravee
- Daniel De Graaf
- Anthony Liguori
Review ACTION items.
- Recurring need for pings on VMX/SVM/IOMMU patches
Action Jun: to figure out the focal point. ✓ Will Auld
Action Matt & Konrad: to reply to the 4.4 planning thread with their BLOCKERS. ✗ (Konrad: absent)
- For Matt's, list discussion about SXP -- better to change the higher level stack. Matt will post this to xen-devel
Action Ian: to write patch to warn when xm is used ✓
Current technical challenges.
- PVH next steps
- Right people not on this call
- Ian suggested to George to have a separate call
- Jan would like to be invited
Coordination on current and future work
- Konrad absent. All delayed to next time.
- Proposals for interships program for summer or winter in Xen ecosystem. (Konrad) ✓ see AB_Votes/Outreach_Program_For_Women_Round_7
- SR-IOV, PCI passthrough and all that fun. (Konrad)
- SR-IOV, PCI passthrough gaps. (Konrad)
- Boris. How much testing did we have for NMI injection into PV domains.
- Jan, only recently implemented in pvops, but has worked for a long time in classis/SuSE kernel
- Works for internal self NMI
- Only dom0 might receive a real hardware NMI forwarded
- Jan: Not a lot of testing of a high rate NMI (e.g. performance monitoring). Currently NMI is a rare event like a machine check.