AB Meeting/December 2014 Minutes
- Lars Kurth (chair, non-voting)
- Don D Dugger (Intel)
- Matt Wilson (AWS)
- Mike Woster (LF, non-voting)
- James Bulpin (Citrix)
- Larry Wikelius (Cavium)
- Sarah Conway (LF, non-voting)
- Philippe Robin (ARM)
- Sherry Hurwitz (AMD)
- Antony Messerli (Rackspace)
Referred to Documents
Update on 2014 Objectives
Lars went through 
Discussion & Questions
- Sarah pointed out that about 200 of the stories in Q4 related to XSA 108 (in the previous quarter around 300 were related to XSA 108)
- Larry asked whether we understood the reasons why Xen Project fell from #2 hypervisor to #5 in 2014
- Lars: in my view this was a combination of lack of leadership and engagement from within the Xen Project community with the OpenStack community. As well as the fact that the OpenStack community was going to deprecate Hypervisors in Quality group C for the IceHouse release (which I believe has not happened). This has dented confidence in Hypervisor. Citrix is willing to help increase Xen + LIBVIRT + OpenStack testing with the goal of getting Xen+LIBVIRT support to group B (and maybe to A, if achievable) within and has assigned an engineer. However this does depend on some support from other vendors on the board: thus the suggestion to create a Working Group.
- Lars: James is this correct?
- James: agrees
- Don: it is correct that there is no active Xen community within OpenStack
Also see discussion further down the minutes
RESOLUTION: the board agrees with the points made in 
Allow STARTUP membership class members to attend AB meetings as non-voting attendees
RESOLUTION: Allow STARTUP membership class members to attend AB meetings as non-voting attendees
Proposed 2015 Spending Priorities
Lars went through 
There were no objections.
- Mark: agrees that developers should not have to do wiki, list and similar infrastructure maintenance and get too involved in managing suppliers.
- Lars: the issue with the Test infrastructure was that most of it is also non-standard, so in that case it is hard to see how this could be done without developer inout (at least initially)
Action Lars: to produce a list of sysadmin activities for the project to be discussed with the Linux Foundation at CollabSummit ✓
Action Lars: to work on a more detailed budget and plan based on  for the January meeting ✓
RESOLUTION: board agrees with proposal for Xen Project Developer Summit in 2015
Action Mike: Sign  on behalf of the project ✓
OpenStack Working Group
We briefly touched on whether we should create a Working Group with the aim to establish more active Xen Project leadership and engagement within the OpenStack community. We did not get into details and deferred to the next board meeting.
Action Lars: to work on a proposal on how an OpenStack WG within the Xen Project could help address the leadership and quality issues within OpenStack ✓