Writing good FAQs
Conventions: Naming FAQs
Aim to name FAQs, such that they can easily found in an index
- Prefix the FAQ with the main scope, e.g. Xen Project, DomU Installation, Xen Project on ARM, etc.
- Then add FAQ
- It is good to group FAQs related to a topic, e.g. Linux, Installation, etc.
- If the topic is too large qualify, e.g. Linux, Running on, Linux, Building for Xen Project, etc.
For examples, see Category:FAQ
Good FAQs typically have the following attributes:
- The question is clearly and concisely covered at the beginning of the FAQ
- They use simple and clear language
- They avoid the excessive use of technical language or add a definition of a new term
- They tend to be self containing, i.e. they limit the number of external links
- They contain examples, scripts, etc.